Monday, January 25, 2010

Help me! Car(e)ful or Carless?

Shut.

I gotta make some decision here quick.

Have to be outta here (Paradise) by January 31st - thank goodness this month has 31 days!!

Don't know where I am going... well, yeah, Up North, but don't have a place to land... yet.

I also don't have a way to move my stuff. Other than my arms and my strong back... yeah.

So, I am thinking about buying a car. Cause moving up there and renting one for the trip is probably half the cost of buying one.

And I want one. One of those Volvo Kombis from the 90s.

I am just a wee-bit scared to spend my money on a car and then struggle to afford rent the second month and/or food... eventually.

Can I please have an income source that I know of... like... now?

Come on, energy in power.... I've moved here initially in June... and haven't had that relief yet.

It doesn't help that my money is on an American account that only gives me access to app. USD 300 a day. Or that I live 12.6 km round trip from the next ATM machine... so maybe I can take a daily walk to the ATM machine in order to have access to the money that I'll need to buy a car - just in case? Nicely done, me. At least B will get exercised.

Something tells me that I'll be making decisions like this one A LOT over the months to come.

Uggh.

+++

Update: Just helped myself. Remembered a really sweet offer (a lady I have met once who works in the prison next to Paradise said I could use her car while she's working when I needed one)... called the lady up and now have access to her car both Thursday and Friday. That means I'll pack and organize the next 3 days... move the 2 after that and clean... and then get mine and Beefy's butt to N & Ns from where I can figure out if I'll buy a car or not for the trip Up North. Ahhh... for solutions. And sweet Swedes.

No comments:

Post a Comment