Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Found a Coffee Place... and an Ice Climb.

Yesterday's visit of my neighborhood village (across the Braviken) introduced me to all kinds of fun. For instance: I am now aware of the fact that I can go drink a cup of coffee with others.. by merely doing the following simple steps:

1. Gear up with winter clothing.
2. Take deep breath.
3. Call B (actually, he's ready the minute I even consider leaving the house).
4. Grab essentials (water, leash, booties, poop bag, survival snack).
5. Leave house (make sure that the boss leaves first).
6. Walk towards the ferry - choose the acres this time.
7. Start running after checking the time.
8. Have a literal 'run in' on the ferry right before it leaves.
9. Leash the B after arriving on board.
10. Nod thankfully up to the ferry gods :)
11. Turn into an icicle during the 2 minutes ride.
12. Walk past the boat storage place (where Mr. Moose's Atlantic rowing boat is stored).
13. Arrive in Kvarsebo "down town".
14. Find the coffee place.
15. Realize that it's closed.

Time frame for all this? A mere hour or so.
Plan? Come back when it's open.



B & I spontaneously decided to climb the mountain behind the coffee shop. After climbing past the section below, the boss (that would be me) decided it was too risky to proceed. There were ice sheets all over. I was writing headlines in my head (is that why they are called headlines??): "Stupid Tourist and her Cute Dog fell to Death during Monday Exploration of the Neighborhood", or "Send the Swiss Home: Tragedy on the Mountain", you get the drift...


We did find a trail after all (cause we're not giving up when there is a "utkik" for grabs).




"And where is the food, mama?"

On the way back I decided to film the progression of the ice from the ferry. The video doesn't only star Beefy, but also my glove. Cool, huh?





And today... we're going grocery shopping. By ski. Thinking about future headlines: "Silly Swiss didn't know where to Park cute Dog and Skis - Deported"... or "When will it end? Swiss having too much Fun in Sweden".

Make yourself giggle today!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. a coffee shop that doesn't open until noon? what a strange, strange place you live....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - I hate to do this (mostly to myself - denial sure is blissful): It also says on the sign that they're only open Saturday and Sunday... :(

    Calling it a coffee place is me being slightly cynical and hopefully idealistic.

    Yeah, who would move to such a place?

    Getting stir crazy today.

    Still looking for a coffee grinder.

    Ah, the life of a hermit!

    Bestest,

    Marlies

    ReplyDelete