Saturday, January 9, 2010

Earth Cellars (for Andrea)


Since my arrival in Sweden I have stumbled over some interesting stuff.

One intrigue of mine are what I think of as earth cellars... According to a quick www research they are also called root cellars. Here's the one we have in Paradise:

Sadly it's not in use.

+++

However, the next two (which I found on yesterday's walk) are... how do I know? There were tracks to each of their doors (and no, they weren't either B or mine).




Aren't they lovely?

And they can be found EVERYWHERE.

I have even entered one before... and this was in northern Stockholm. And it was in use.

Yup, Swedes do sweet stuff such as putting their veggies and fruit and cans and other perishables into earthy lil' wonders.

I kinda wanna live in one for a while.

Talk about being grounded... but no windows :(.



I may just opt for a stuga :).

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! It's nice to see the Swedes lovin' the old school technology. And yes, they are quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete