Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wish List.


B being brave on today's hike.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

With all these crazy opportunities and ideas I sometimes lose track of what's important to me. So, instead of trying to figure out if I should go north, or south, or elsewhere I'll focus on the crucial stuff today.

Whatever comes next, it has to include the following points in the long run:

B must feel safe enough with my living situation to be brave often.

We must have room, time, and environment to live a healthy lifestyle.

Mountains and/or the sea need to be close. Or at least forests. Or all?

Sustainability (physical, environmental, financial, all of it).

It must be inspiring and challenging.

There must be authenticity.

There must be laughter.

There must be daily exploration of the self, others, and nature.

There must be opportunities for me to tap into my courage.

Internet access would be nice.

So would be a lovely soul to share it all with (in addition to the B).

Friends must find room, too.

And crazy trips.

And a fire place please!

And a "Shark" to explore new places on this continent.



That's about it. Wait... as I look at these points it dawns on my that I can probably realize all of those in any of my recent mind trips. So, stop waiting, Marlies?!




B being safe.
(This photo means a lot to me. I took it past weekend after B had been a bit possessive of his sleeping arrangement and growled at a somewhat ignorant girl. N (holding B) made sure that I didn't pull B away as I had warned the girl prior when she intruded B's sleeping bag. N asked B to come over to her and he spontaneously hopped on her lap. She held him probably for half an hour....)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment