Wednesday, December 30, 2009

An Ice Wonder, and B, and... Ird.

I filmed B and I's trip over the Braviken Sea yesterday.





Love the sounds of the ice pieces klink-ing on one another (which you may or may not hear over the ferry motor...). The weather continues to be wonderful. One can only hope that it stays that way for New Years. Has everyone heard about the Blue Moon that we get to experience? B and I will celebrate New Years by ourselves, so we are stoked that we'll get the company of Blue Moon in Paradise :).

+++


I gave B a bird for X-mas. By now, the bird has turned into Ird... See for yourself:







Also: We need a couple paws and fingers crossed... B's paw pads are not fairing so well with the icy snow around here. He's got tiny cracks in his pads that we (actually, he doesn't care - yet!) try to keep from busting... Yesterday we lost two Ruffwear booties to the ice :( --- today's hike happened with vet-wrapped feet for one of us. We're still in the green zone but I wonder how long we can keep the paws together... last year one of his pads busted and cost me over 300 $ to fix... as well as a tough time of not moving much... plus we had to leave a great ski trip early. Gotta keep the paws together... Wish us luck!!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. so I asked someone who uses the same booties on her dogs if she's lost any and she said no but that she thinks they need to go on much tighter than she was doing it at first...maybe? Don't you love getting dog advice from someone who doesn't even have a dog?

    Also, you might already know this but there were a couple of booties located during the move from 745 so if he hasn't already Mr. Prentice might be able to drop those in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love getting YOUR advice (cause it's usually good). I've started to crank them down harder too... Seems like B starts to mind after about 1 hours 45 minutes of walking. But I've been doing the old-lady-leash-usage for all our hikes (he just frolics to hard for his own good when I don't).

    I didn't know about B's booties being found yet! So, hurray!! I just sent Mr. P. a long overdue update about his nephew's and my wellbeing. Nice to know that N-dawg didn't loose all of them - I already wondered if he had secretely sold them off to one of his lady friends?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the video, the sound of ice breaking up, and how Buford looks up when you whistle. Really cute.

    ReplyDelete