Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We Won the Lottery!!!


Well.... kind of. Just at the right time Buford and I have money coming our way!! We will be given enough money to be covering rent for a couple of months (so far we had little idea how to pay the last two months of our lease), traveling to Germany for job interviews (as soon as I have enough contacts to make it worth the trip) and having a little safety cushion left over. How did we do this? By picking up the tone a bit in a seemingly endless conversation with my previous employer about the reimbursement of social security and Medicare taxes. It took assertiveness and perseverance... and it worked! Hurray! I am basically floating around N and Buford and can't stop grinning and jumping and frolicking. No need to get a loan from my parents for survival. Instead, we can handle this mess all on our grown up self.

OK, what's next?

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to tell you that I really like this picture of Buford. And not just because it's a picture of the Beefster, but because of the motion and how B's just up in the corner running out of it. I like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack, Andrea. I actually wanted to delete it at first - thought it wasn't a keeper. Glad you like it. Should do more shooting when he's in motion. Looking at his photos one would think that he sleeps most of the time...

    ReplyDelete