Thursday, December 10, 2009

Courage.

Obviously yesterday's skinny-dipping post wasn't just about being crazy and loving life. Of course it was that, and... it was more.

It was me tapping into my courage. I need tons of that right now.

As I shift my focus from "finding opportunities" to "pursuing opportunities", courage is the single most important ingredient.

With yesterday's cold plunge still in my memory, I engaged in a bunch of courageous acts today (this time without even taking my shirt off ;)...):

I called the lady that's in charge of the hiring for the future teenage refugee home job... and felt like a complete dork (mostly related to language issues - but she definitively encouraged my application. Note to self: Must absolutely kick ass with that application!!).

I also checked in with the moose guy (haven't heard from him for a little to long... and hello! got an immediate reward by receiving an answer within the half hour and now have lunch plans in Stockholm to discuss what he calls "several opportunities for me" on December 21st... mm-mh courage!).

A few minutes ago I emailed the Tiniest Ski Hill Ever to remind the guy in charge that he really wanted to meet me, or didn't he?

And last but not least: I cut Beefy's claws (now this is embarrassing but since I got him back after our time apart in summer I really struggled with that task. Kind of like a phobia... but I am getting better and am cutting small little nibbles off of him almost every day. Today we had a longer snuggle session that included his getting a manicure that actually shows a little... - hey, YOU!, before calling the animal rights organization know that his claws are still OK... it's mostly in my head. Weirdo? Yup, naturally).

Ahhh.... these are the exact kinds of things that make me sink into bed happily at night. What about you, are you going to be courageous today?

No comments:

Post a Comment