Monday, December 14, 2009

Serenity.


Despite soaking in the beauty of the views I got to enjoy today - I felt frazzled, restless, and nervous. I spent much of the day improving my score at Scramble (don't get started, please!), wanting to work on my incredible job application so I can work with refugees in a few months (but not actually following through with it), walking the B and taking lots of photos, sorting through the results, and some other similar stuff. Relaxing yes, but resulting in me feeling guilty and a bit sad about not accomplishing anything.

And then, I had a couple of sweet chats on Facebook. Yup, that's an sweet "place" to find some human company.

One fear that's been hovering with me is that somehow my "lottery winning" wasn't going to come through... or be less than what I anticipated, or that things would otherwise be stressful or even disastrous.

So I caught myself frantically checking my email in order to learn some bad news I envisioned when I finally decided to just check my US bank account again. And, WTF?! There they were.... the anticipated numbers that mean security to B and I. And they had been there since Friday!! Yahoooooo!!!

So, for now B and I say thanks to the heavens,... and the snow flurries,... and the sun...

... and make sweet little plans on how to best invest these numbers that offer us freedom, good night's of sleep, and sanity.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment