Friday, December 4, 2009

Applying to Probably the Tiniest Ski Area in the World.

Yup, that's what I am up to. The name of the game is called: Create-as-many-opportunities-you-can-when-you-have-none-to-then-choose-the-funnest-one-that's-being-offered. Wanna play?

While I am savoring my bliss in regards to 'the money that should miraculously pop up on my US bank account' and 'continuing to being in touch with the moose guy' and 'attempting to understand the exciting German world of Intensivpädagogische Einzelmassnahmen (kind of a last solution for youth that fall through all cracks that turns out to lead to be one of the most creative places to be employed in all of Europe)' - I am also exploring local options.

Since yesterday - drum roll please - Norrköpping's local ski hill Yxbacken. Down below is what that looks like:

Pistkarta

Pistkarta

Liftar 3 st
Nedfarter 4 st
Svarta 1 st
Röda 1 st
Blå 1 st
Grön 1 st
FunPark
1 st
Belysta nedfarter 4 st
Kanonsnö nedfarter 4 st
Längsta nedfart 666 m
Högsta fallhöjd 107 m

Lite tekniska fakta om våra backar

stora backen (2 pister)

Fallhöjd: 107 m
Lutande längd: 353 m
Medellutning: 32 %
Max lutning: 52 % (i branten före mål)

Familjebacken

Fallhöjd: 104 m (från starthus 110 m)
Lutande längd: 666 m
Medellutning: 16 %
Max lutning: 31 %

BARNbacken

Fallhöjd: 16 m
Lutande längd: 112 m
Medellutning: 14 %

FUNPARK

se under meny FunPark

-------------------------------------------------

Yup, that means there is basically one slope (even though somehow there are a red and a blue and a black run?). Before you start to laugh-out-loud or something silly like that I'll remind you that I of all people know what a "real mountain" looks like - still, I see an opportunity here. N called them yesterday for me and promoted my incredible skills... they kinda got hooked and I may (finger cross) be in the running for the job of an all-rounder starting at teaching snowboarding lessons, to leading projects with the local schools and kindergartens, to working on the lift, the ski rental, train the Freeride group of the Skiclub and everywhere else. How bad would that be?

Answer: Actually, not all that bad.

And guess where Pernilla Wyberg started her carrier??

2 comments:

  1. I like that FunPark is understandable in any language. Well, in English and Swedish at least....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Swedes (as well as many German and French speakers) stole that word from you guys... or the Brits. Please do not tell! ;)

    ReplyDelete