Friday, November 20, 2009

Cores.

This beautiful creature is a core-hog. Yesterday as we were walking along the canal I picked a couple of apples for a snack from an apple tree we have utilized before (for yogurt with fresh apples and muesli that is... or fresh apple pancakes). One of them had a couple of blemishes so I ate only half of it. Then I threw it on the side of the path - which, I figured, is totally acceptable in a place where apple trees are living as they were native. B heard the 'plongg' and immediately went to investigate the "rabbit". He took a while. I didn't pay attention to him and wandered on. A bit later he shot by me. I probably could have noticed the spring in his step and the parade position he may have utilized to show his pride. Cause when I caught a closer look at him I saw that he had dutifully picked up my apple core and was now giving it a ride... in his fangs.

This morning I found a pear hanging on a tree on the side of N and N's house (where we are staying currently). I picked it with delight and turned it into fresh pear-yogurt-and-muesli. That's what I am currently eating. B looked at me expectantly as I cut the pear. Because he doesn't actually eat the apple cores - and because I obviously never feed him human food... who? me? - I hesitated for a second... then I put the pear core pieces into his bowl. He devoured them. (He also LOVES carrots.) What a good morning for the two of us, huh? And now: Networking, job-seeking, researching... yahoooo!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment