Thursday, November 19, 2009

Buford is on a Rabbit Trip.

Lucky little Beef-ster chased another rabbit today. We walked right up to it - once more. Split-seconds later, the two furry ones literally flew down the gravel road, slithered, skipped, slipped sideways on a bridge that was covered with some metal sheets and then ran off. Surprisingly in a strait line... and I thought rabbits did some zigzagging maneuver? Once again, Buford made it back to me under the 5 minute mark... heavily panting, with some slobber hanging of his chops, and a grin on his face. No sign of blood though. We may have to do something about his new sport, no?

I got an email back from that German dream job I wrote about. They're interested in interviewing me in person. I'll call them tomorrow and see if we can figure something out that will work for both sides. As you may have gathered I cannot afford getting myself to central Germany just for an interview. Of course I would love (LOVE) to see their main place. The guy wrote that Buford would be most welcome to be part of the experience :). The program already has two dogs, two goats, and some chicken "on staff". That sounds like our kind of place. Better make sure that Beefy doesn't chase chicken... may have to talk to him about the ways that his instinct may affect our future. I wonder too, though: Would he bring me the rabbit if he got it? He has done that with a squirrel before... If so I, I mean we, could eat rabbit for a while. Hmmmm..., I may still underestimate that canine companion of mine.

Tomorrow will be filled with phone calls all over Europe. Today I prepared by searching the net for all kinds of jobs that could fix our issues. Fascinating stuff, by the way. Next it's my turn to go on a "rabbit trip" of sorts.

PS: I trust that my entries will get less crazy once my life slows down. Bear with me in the meanwhile, will ya?

2 comments:

  1. I, for one, happen to love your crazy blog updates - always a new idea or plan in the works, and they all sound exciting. Though I'm sure it's rather exhausting from your end. That kind of uncertainty is not conducive to peacefulness, I know. So, I hope something really, actually, comes through for you soon. Until then, yes, you should probably spend some time teaching Mr. Beefy-pants how to not chase every small furry (or feathery) animal that crosses his path ;-). Love you and miss you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - it must be nice to visit and enter a swirl - as its not ongoing that way. It's not all bad for me, either. I mean, there are times I get the biggest highs out of the crazy.... and then there are the lows.

    Beefy is actually making friends with my neighbor S's cat. He's very gentle and slow and just sits down and looks at her, timidly wagging his bushy tail. We will have encounter more and keep you updated. BTW, say hi to Lolita Smalls from us.

    ReplyDelete