Thursday, May 13, 2010

Universe...? I need some academia please!!

Hello there.

Call me manic. Over-the-top. Adrenaline addicted. Restless....?

I really want to find an academic institution that will allow me to grow mentally while I am doing my thing Up North. I feel a need for supervision. For studying. For searching new ways and techniques. For sharing with other professionals. All that stuff.

Which is why I surf the internet - once again - to find that perfect place for me.

The thing is... because I found the place where I want to grow roots (Up North, duhh! Nothing has changed on that end!), I am looking into ways to doing all that either a) via a distance course, b) in workshop form, c) locally, or d)... I wish I knew.

However, it's not that easy to satisfy yours truly. Heh.

Anyways... I have been ogling Prescott College's Masters Program in Adventure-Based Counseling for a while. That was alternative one to my lost seat to study Transpersonal Counseling Psychology with a focus on Wilderness Therapy at Naropa in Boulder. But... it just really doesn't make sense for me to do a 3-year degree traveling between Sweden and the States. Too much unrest. Too much forcing. Too much money (for god's sake!!).

But: I just found Plano Alto again. And this is funny and fascinating in that very grounding way. I first found Plano Alto (at the time called Wildnisschule) in 1998. I had my fingers on their catalogs ever since. (Ask my mom if you need confirmation, she's bundled them into my room just in case I ever directed my gaze towards Switzerland again.) Here's the thing though: They may just be offering me the perfect way to fulfilling my current need.

Plano Alto has a couple programs that I could fit into my life that last between a year and two that require its participants to travel to different places in Europe to earn modules for programs such as Systemische Prozessgestaltung, Erlebnispaedagogik, or Systemische Naturtherapie und Beratung. Added bonus: I am already in love with some of the teachers (thanks to having read their literature before). Another added bonus: Those programs cost me a tiny fraction of the US equivalents (meaning... e.g. Euro 4,600.-- for the Systemische Naturtherapie program instead of 66,000 US$ for the program at Prescott). Another added bonus: It's European (probably helpful for my program up here). Another added bonus: Participating in a program that has workshops in Switzerland (and on occasion in Greece!) will get my butt home... it's been 2 (!) years. Another added bonus: I can easily combine this with my firm in the making.

Wow. You may hear more of Plano Alto in the near future.


Universe? ------ Thanks. You continue to blow my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Well I, for one, full support your academic aspirations. And obviously I would love it if you went to Prescott and were forced to come to the states every few months. But the Plano Alto program sounds pretty darn perfect for you - I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete