Monday, May 10, 2010

Back Together.


Note: Not sure what's going on; however, I have not made it here as much as I had planned to recently. So much is certain, lots of things are happening - and lots of things should be happening (aka my to-do-list is lengthy), so in the interest of getting the juices flowing again, I'll get started by sharing B and I's reunion story.


+++

Somtime on May 2nd after three long flights, some time in between, and a couple of train rides I stumbled onto the platform at Norrköping Centralen. Backpack on, secondary bag in hand, my eyes searchingly scanning the cars and people nearby for the Lil' One. It's been 5 weeks or so.

There! I see him. He's weaving out of the parking lot, on leash, sniffing happily left and right.

He doesn't see me. Yet.

N, on the other end of his leash, spots me, waves, and comes towards me.

I make it across the driveway, and onto a little "traffic island".

I stop. Take him in. Wait.

He continues to weave, not a worry in the world.

He looks a little beefier. And, awfully cute.
I wait for him to get closer.
When he's only a couple of feet from me, I say: "Hey, Buford...".

He stops abruptely. Looks up.
And then... he explodes into my face.

I go down onto my knees. I feel his paws on my shoulders.

His tongue in my ears (he LOVES doing that).

I feel tears of joy brimming in my eyes.

We engage tail-waggingly, little-sweetness-sharingly into being fully present.

The sun dances on our faces.

I just take it in.

N stands next to us, still connected by the leash. She laughs.

I finally stumble to my feet again.

Hug N, whisper "Thank you!".

And N smiles and ... hands me his leash back.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This was such a sweet, sweet story. I loved hearing about your reunion. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this before when you first posted it, just read it again, and got a little tear in my eye this time too. So perfect. Tell Beefy-pants I miss him and will see him soon!

    ReplyDelete