Thursday, October 15, 2009

Visual Aid.

Here it comes... the map that I have been ogling over ever since I learned where my soon-to-be-mine apartment was situated. What do you think?!



Pretty special, no? I also learned today that there are buses (5km from the apartment) to the city where I will have a job someday. Dogs are allowed on those buses. For a child fare. That's a relief. The wonderful internet furthermore revealed that my new next bigger hub, a very small community, also has its own library. Now that is fun, no? I am starting to feel great about living on the sea again. Have I mentioned that I have access to a canoe and a sauna? Also, there is a free ferry that will shuttle B and I over the Braviken Sea, for free. That means we will have access to endless trails, and be in Stockholm in as little as 1.5 hours. Who's complaining? I'm not... just got a little cold feet yesterday.

Here is some of the beauty that I found today:


Apples... I just get to pick them for free... everywhere. All my walks end with me putting a couple of freshly picked apples on the counter. And they still sell them at the supermarket - why would they do that?? I should stand in the produce aisle tomorrow and watch the kinds of people who buy apples when they can handpick them... maybe I could sell the apples I pick during walks for some fast cash??

Here just a couple of shots to show you how sweet the little town of Soderkoping is. I love the cobblestones, the signs, the blue sky, and the old folks taking care of errands. That's how I wanna grow old. I'll try and catch some shots of old folks riding their bikes. It's the best!





And lastly, this is how my evening walk with Buford started. How can one not just be thrilled to walk a dog when one gets to literally dive into a field of gold??




It's supposed to snow tomorrow. And we're going out for the weekend - for a survival course with 33 youth that have never slept outside before - hell ya!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh Ooh I think I figured out how to comment! I just need to use Safari instead of Firefox. I think it's really going to work!

    You make Sweden sound like paradise! And it looks like it too. How can you not love old European cobblestone streets lined with beautiful buildings and little shops? I am most definitely getting my arse over there one of these days.

    Good luck on the survival course - 33 kids is a lot! I hope you have some good help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't believe how happy it makes me that you can comment now... yes, get your butt ova here - I need a study partner to do that svenska thing. I'll keep you posted on the outcome of taking too many kids into the woods at once. Not my idea. But hey, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the uptick in blog-tivity, and especially loving the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay Kate, you're here... and I thought you were thinking that blogs are for losers (I heard your comment at the Ignite!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think blogs are great, I'm just not very good at keeping one up.

    ReplyDelete