Saturday, July 18, 2009

Vildmarksterapi för Mig

I believe my title means "Wilderness Therapy for Me" (?), at least that is what I am attempting to say. Seems like a credible translation, no?

Life is roller-coastery to no end. My intention is to find some calm in the craziness and breathe. My absolutely best way to do that is by getting my butt out into nature. Followed closely by talking with friends and family, and journaling...

I don't have the time to take a whole weekend out. I don't have the money to call friends and family the way I desire. But I do have a journal and it's busy receiving daily to-do-lists with some thoughts and emotions mixed in there. And I have this Blog - which I am sharing with more and more people. Including my parents as of recently.

Additionally I take the time to get out daily. That is when something magical happens. I leave the house on bike. I bike hard. As hard as I can. And let my thoughts race. Feel my legs and their strength. Then I reach a place.... a lake, more often than not. I find myself a spot that seems just right for the occasion and I start sinking in. I let my thoughts and emotions run wherever they need to. I cry. I smile. I let myself just be. I don't check my phone for time, or anything... Sometimes I pull my journal out. Sometimes my camera. Then I see some berries somewhere. Or I slip out of my clothes and into the lake. I take a deep breath before I give my body to the cool water... and let go of the struggles that attempt to consume me. I admire the reflection of the tree trunks in the water. I feel safe and at home. I just float....

It's tough starting fresh somewhere. It's tough missing my dog and my family and friends. And it's incredible. I don't wanna be anywhere else. I find that no matter where I go nature is always there to hold me.

I wish everyone a floating experience today...

No comments:

Post a Comment