Sunday, July 12, 2009

Show and Tell

I got some immediate reward for following through with the activity schedule I created a couple of days ago. Here is what it looks like:



Yup, it’s berry time in Sweden. Thousands, or more likely millions, of the little energy packets are waiting to be picked by eager hands and beaks. And even though there are that many, I am not the only one that’s excited. Today I collected the berries above in my Klean Kantine alongside with a couple of families. That totally reminds me of my childhood. Sweet! The clover is eatable too. Swedes are huge at knowing their plants and their uses. In the meanwhile, I have been introduced to eating clover blossoms (even though the one in the photo was a little old = less sweet) and sea grass roots. I am eager to learn more. Until then, I will add my gatherings to my morning yoghurt or snack on them while I play in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment