Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Kind of Road Trip: by Cykel

Yup, I left all the mundane struggles behind this past weekend and biked instead.

Here´s my route (mostly noted to make YOU giggle): Söderköping - Mem - Å (yup, that´s a place... say "O" though, not "A") - Stegeborg - Tyrislöt. Then on Sunday from Tyrislöt to Gryt. And then Gryt - Valdemarsvik - Gusum - Ringarum - Söderköping on Monday. All in all about 150 km. Both my overnight spots were at the sea. The first one, Tyrislöt, is a potential home for me. The photos of this post were mostly taken there. I feel at home there. Problem is that I am about 60 km from where potential work is if I live out there. Am still considering it. It's a powerful place for me.

The lady who runs the place (a seakayak touring and rental business), Gunvor, is like a longlost aunt to me. We have been communicating via email over the last several months, my goal being to connect with potential summarjobb employers. She said right away that she didn´t have a job left but that I was welcome to stay at the place. Back then I thought that I may be able to find another job in the area... which turned out to be a bit uninformed (unless I could do work with the moose or the seagulls). I still haven't given up hope. It´s beautiful out there. But see for yourself... (next post - till I figure things out).

2 comments:

  1. me? you know what made me giggle? the photo of your bike parked next to a "no bike" picture. good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, actually... the sign said that bikes could go no further. So I decided to eat and swim next to where bike and bob had to wait for me. Am glad you giggled at some point though!

    ReplyDelete