Monday, July 6, 2009

Letting Things Settle....

Wow... things have seriously turned around for me within the last week. Not only did I get to savor another weekend in Tyrisloet - I also made some major progress with my Sweden To-Do-List. But first some impressions from the weekend:




My new favorite way to explore...







One of my swimming spots... reminds me of the Boundary Waters, only saltier.




Scandic, the coolest, most pink and most simple bike I have ridden since I wrote a three-wheel. Screechy but blissful... I gave it some oil in return and now she rides silently.




My home for the weekend and possibly longer... It was love at first sight, of course.



But now: To what really is going on for me:


~~~~~~


As of a couple of days ago I am hired to spend August and September in Colorado. I'll make real good money in exchange for working with troubled German youth in the wilderness while being filmed by a filmcrew. I've done it before and consider my circumstances as incredibly lucky (having the skills to do it, the time, the support from my Swedish colleagues, etc.). That also means that I will be able to visit my friends in the States and - if all goes well - pick up the pooch that I miss so dearly to bring him to our new home.


As of a couple of hours ago I am also hired here in Sweden. Yes, I came here for a job; however, that job as well as the organization I will work for still have to be developped. Tricky situation for everyone and definitively for me as I didn't show up in Sweden with lots of cash. Just lots of ideas. And passion. And dreams.


The owners of the organization are eager to hire me longterm. So I'll come back in October to a job. A secure one. And I'll come home to a home. Maybe a Shark (aka vehicle).


As I said, some major movement has happened on my To-Do-List. Guess what I will do tonight? Study svenska... as I do every night. :)

And... have a beer in celebration.

2 comments: