Friday, July 10, 2009

Outstanding physical shape…!?

So, I am getting lots of emails from Colorado recently. One of the ones I got today said the following: “I also wanted to encourage you to do what you need to do in order to be in outstanding physical shape. Our itinerary – especially in the Grand Canyon – is very vigorous and challenging and we will need folks to be in top form”. Ahem… yeah. So, guess what has become top priority on my Sweden-To-Do-List? That’s right. Two to three workouts a day. And vigorous ones at that. ;) So, I did the one logical thing one does when given an “encouragement” like that: I sat down and came up with a trainings plan (my first official one ever!) that will be fun and hopefully effective. I will run + swim, swim + bike + do yoga, bike + walk + do push ups, etc. every day starting today. Of course I am serious… Who wants to be in less than “outstanding shape” or “top form” on national TV? Not I, that’s for sure. Plus it kinda sounds fun, no? I have been enjoying healthy food and quite a bit of exercise already anyways… And I have never not been ready to tackle a trek or a rotation before. But hey, why not really work for it? And, don’t you love the reference to the Grand Canyon?? I sure do.

Feel free to use the comment field below to send me motivation, virtual hugs, and tips! But sorry, have to go now: Sit ups, push ups, and headstands are calling my name!!

No comments:

Post a Comment