Friday, June 12, 2009

Letting go of the pooch and the US - for a while

My last few days in the States were definitively bitter-sweet. I am uber-grateful that I get to leave with a vision and a dream for the days to come. I couldn't do it otherwise. When I arrived in the US of A seven years ago, my plan was to improve my English. Check. I was gonna stay a year. Check x 7. In the meanwhile I have a second home and what feels like family in Oregon. I also adopted Buford, an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie/Husky mix. Best thing I have ever done. He has to wait for some blood tests in Oregon while frolicking with the boys. Getting him to Scandinavia will complete the move that has kept me busy for the last couple of months. Now I sit in Newark International Airport, have two humongous bags checked in and a few too many carry-ons gathered around me. Everything is under control. My last hour on American ground is about to start. Seems like the ideal time to start writing a blog.

1 comment: